If you live on or near the coast, you don’t have to sacrifice beauty to get reliable protection from storms and high winds. Sunrise® Coastal windows come in a wide selection of custom sizes, shapes and styles to suit any replacement project. Behind the attractive design lies extra-strong glass and frame construction that can stand up to some of the worst Mother Nature dishes out. We pride ourselves on the quality of workmanship and attention to detail included with every Coastal window.
Meet Coastal Building Codes
The Coastal window package is based on the classic Sunrise Collection, with a few important differences. These impact-resistant windows are structurally rated up to DP70, which means they have been evaluated in two ways for design pressure (DP). The higher a DP rating, the more resistant the window is to the effects of wind and rain.
In a lab environment, Sunrise Coastal windows have been subjected to positive and negative wind cycles, with wind speeds simulated by machines. The wind speed qualification for a DP70 window is 170 mph. However, in order to ensure structural integrity in the field and be certified at DP70, our windows had to remain intact in the testing environment at 200 mph – one-and-a-half times the rated speed! If you live in a coastal environment, you will appreciate these benefits.
- Protection against high winds. Durable Coastal windows are structurally rated up to DP70 (equivalent to 170 mph) and tested in excess of 200 mph to withstand high wind and excessive water.
- Reinforced for strength. Thicker glass comes standard, and fiberglass reinforcement ensures all windows can stand strong against the elements.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR™ efficiency ratings. Advanced weatherstripping seals achieve top efficiency performance, while polyurethane window frame insulation provides added comfort.
- Furniture-quality looks. Craftsmanship hasn’t been forgotten; choose from 80 color combinations including woodgrain looks. Our exclusive Madera™ premium interior trim is also available.
- Style options. Coastal windows are available in Double-Hung, Slider and Casement
- Peace of mind. Coastal windows include a lifetime, transferrable, non-prorated warranty.
Keep Out Wind & Water
To get started, use the Design Your View virtual tool to explore the different features of Coastal double-hung, casement and sliding windows, then choose the style that works best for your home! For more information about Sunrise Coastal windows, find an authorized dealer near you.